- Fry 1 finely chopped leek with 2 inches sliced ginger
- Add 1 pack of defrosted mock chicken strips and fry till brown
- Add 8 thinly sliced mushrroms and cook for a further 5 mins
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tsp kejap manis (sweet Indonesian soy sauce), 1/2 tsp sugar and a good sprinkle of chilli flakes- Add 1 tin coconut milk, refill half the can with water and add this.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer
- Turn off heat, add juice of half a lime and a good bunch chopped coriander
- Taste and adjust for seasoning
Giving it a go
It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.