Chinese restaurants often serve this lovely drink called bubble tea. It comes in many flavours and is basically a juice drink with sweet tapioca pearls that sink to the bottom.
- Boil 10 cups of water in a saucepan
- Add 1 cup tapioca pearls
- Boil until the pearls have expanded
- Turn the heat down, put a lid on and simmer for 10mins
- Meanwhile put ice in 4 tall glasses
- Chop into quarters 1 large tin of lychees reserving the juice
- Split the lychees, pearls and lychee juice evenly between the 4 glasses
- Top up each glass with red grape juice and stir
Giving it a go
It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.