For me there is nothing like a good chicken curry on a Friday night! Try this…it's my new favourite. Also nice served with a tomato, red onion and coriander salad.
- In a food processor blitz 2 white onions, 5 cloves garlic, a big lump of ginger and 3 green chillies
- Fry this mixture in some oil for about 10mins whilst stirring
- Add 1 pack of defrosted mock chicken strips and fry till brown
- Add 1 tsp tikka masala paste, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp ground coriander and 1 tsp salt
- Blitz 3 tomatoes in the food processor and add these along with a squirt of tomato puree. Stir well and cook for 5mins
- Add a can of coconut milk, refill half the can with water and add this.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 10mins and serve with chappatis/rice as you please.
Giving it a go
It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.