Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Tuesday 19 April 2011

Chocolate Raspberry Brownie Cake

Very dense but very tasty. I served it with fresh raspberries and a soya raspberry icecream! Unfortunately the husband had eaten a slice by the time I took the photo!

- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. In a medium bowl mix 1 cup plain flour, 5 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tspbaking soda, 1 tsp egg replacer powder and 1/4 tsp salt
- In the blender, combine 3/4 cup water and 1/2 cup raspberries and blend until smooth
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Add 1/2 cup agarve syrup and the berry mixture. Stir until completely mixed. Pour into an oiled 9-inch round cake pan
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
- Drizzle with golden syrup and serve with fresh raspberries

No comments:

Post a Comment