This meal is not conventional but satisfies all my - it's Saturday night and I want something warm, filling, tasty, salty and spicy cravings!
- Empty 1 pack frozen soya mince in a bowl and microwave for 4mins
- Meanwhile dice 3 carrots, 5 garlic cloves and 1 big red onion
- Fry the vegetables in olive oil for 10 mins on low heat then add the garlic
- Add 1 tsp italian herb seasoning, 1 tsp dried chilli flakes, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp mixed spice and 1 tsp salt
- Bltiz a can of chopped tomatoes and add this along with half the can water and 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Bring to the boil then simmer until the sauce is thick (about 15mins)
- Drain 1 tin chickpeas and stir in for the last 5 mins of cooking
- Peel, roughly chop and boil 6 medium sized King Edward potatoes
- Drain and mash with butter, a little milk, salt and pepper
- Serve with 2 or 3 pieces of roasted sweet peppers from one of those lovely Spanish jars
Giving it a go
It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.