Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Thursday 21 April 2011

Paneer skewers and stuffed mushrooms

This is a nice snacky dinner when you fancy something warm but not too filling/too much hassle

- Soak some wooden skewers in water and prehat the oven to 200 degrees celsius
- Cube 200g paneer
- Cube half a red pepper
- Thread onto the skewer alternating between paneer and pepper
- Brush with you favourite chilli sauce and a bit of tikka masala paste and bake for 20mins
- Meanwhile scoop out the middle of 7 chestnut mushrooms
- Put 1/2 tsp butter in each followed by a sprinkle of garlic powder and as much grated mozerella as you can squeeze in
- Place on a baking tray, brush each with a little oil and sprinkle with my new favourite veggie seasoning Bacon Salt!
- Place in the oven for 15mins and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment