- Fry 2 sliced red onions with 3 chopped cloves garlic in a little oil till slightly brown
- Add 6 sliced white mushrooms and fry till cooked
-Add 1 and a half heaped tbsp of Rendang curry paste (I use this more often then the ready made thai red paste as this often as fish sauce/dried shrimp in it, but any tasty veggie thai flavoured paste would do)
-Drain and press 1 block of firm tofu, cut into small pieces and add to the onions, garlic and mushrooms. Fry for 5mins
- Add 1 tin of coconut milk, bring to the boil and simmer until curry reaches your desired consistency. For me about 10mins.
- Add 4 asparagus spears chopped into 2 inch pieces during the last 3mins of cooking.
- Adjust for seasoning and squeeze a little lime juice at the last moment.
Serving options: soup style on its own, with sticky white rice, sprinkled with coriander.