- Cut 500g paneer into small cubes
- Shallow fry turning often until evenly golden. Sprinkle with salt and remove from the pan.
- Fry 1 diced red onion with 3 minced garlic cloves, 1 finely sliced green finger chilli and 3 inches chopped ginger.
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp ground coriander and 1 tsp salt
- Fry for 1 minute
- Add 2 tbsp tomato puree and stir this in
- Then add 650ml water to the pan
- Whilst this is coming to the boil - peel and halve 12 new potatoes and place them in the sauce. Turn down to low heat.
- When the sauce has reached desired consistency, about 20mins for me as I like it medium-thick, add 1 cup frozen peas to the pan
- When the peas have cooked the dish is ready to serve.
Giving it a go
It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.