Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Sandwich Fillers


This is something I really struggle with....making tasty meat free, egg free (hubby doesn’t eat egg either) sandwiches. To make life more complicated I don’t like cheesy tasting cheeses! I have come up with a few ideas which have gone down really well so thought I would share :)

Veggie sausage, ketchup, red onion and fresh chilli on granary bread
Grilled mock chicken, cabbage and red pepper with peri peri sauce
Falafel, coriander, tomato and tahini in a wholemeal pita
Mashed up onion bhajias with red onion, cucumber and tzatziki
Grilled mock chicken, avocado, baby spinach leaf and vegan garlic mayo on a good brown seeded bread
Halloumi and tomato in a wholemeal pita
Grilled mock chicken with plum sauce, lettuce, cucumber and spring onion in a wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment