Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Monday 31 October 2011

Oriental Mock Chicken Salad

I used to make this all the time when I cooked meat with leftover crispy chicken and I was delighted to find it works perfectly with mock meat - I like it best with the frozen type from the Chinese supermarket.

- Cook 1 pack mock chicken breasts according to packet instructions - drizzle with olive oil first and possibly cook a little longer if not golden and crispy
- Shred 1/4 of a small red cabbage, thinly slice 1 red onion, use a vegetable peeler to shred 4 carrots and chop a handful of fresh coriander. Place this in a big bowl
- In a small bowl whisk together the dressing: 3 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp sunflower oil, 2 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp lime juice.
- When the mock chicken is ready snip into strips with scissors and add to the bowl of veggies with the dressing
- Toss well and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment