Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Monday 31 October 2011

Aubergine and mock chicken parmagiana (serves 2)

- Put 2 breaded mock chicken schnitzels in the oven per packet instructions (I use frys)
- Also into the oven in a roasting dish place 6 halved tomatoes and 8 whole unpeeled garlic cloves drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with dried thyme, sugar, salt and black pepper
- Both will take around 20mins
- Meanwhile slice thinly and fry 1 aubergine draining on kitchen paper as they are ready
- When the tomatoes are soft remove from the oven, pop the garlic out of the skin and place the whole mix in the blender.
- In a baking tray assemble the chicken schnitzel, a layer of tomato garlic sauce, a few slices of overlapping aubergine, another layer of sauce and top with grated mozarella
- Bake for 5mins on high until cheese is golden
- Serve with steamed green beans in a bit of butter
- Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment