Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Monday 24 October 2011

Acuri

My Dad used to make Acuri at home on a Sunday evening so thought I would give an eggless version a go. For those of you that haven't heard of it - it's really a spicy scrambled eggs usually served on toast.

- Fry 1 chopped red onion with 1 tbsp ginger/garlic paste
- Add 2 chopped tomatoes and 1 chopped chilli with seeds and fry a little longer
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp salt
- Add 1 block mashed firm tofu and fry till some edges look golden
- Chuck in a handful of chopped fresh coriander, cook for 1 minute
- Quickly toast and butter 2 pieces of bread - chuck the acuri on top and beat your husband to the TV to watch something lovely like the Kardashians :)

No comments:

Post a Comment