Giving it a go

It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.

Monday 12 December 2011

Homemade Pizzas

There is nothing quite like being able to have whatever veggie toppings your heart desires instead of being limited to the 1 option on the pizza takeaway menu!

I use Rachel Allen's dough recipe but not her sauce - I made my own sauce from chopped tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and dried thyme.

http://www.rachelallen.co.uk/recipes_november08.html

Toppings included peppadew peppers, sweet corn, mushrooms, green chillies, onion and a veggie pepperoni recipe from The Complete Guide to Vegan Food Substitutions which is by far my new fav book.

This is how they looked before 15mins in a hot oven :)


No comments:

Post a Comment