I love nothing more than crispy crispy noodles in a chinese restaurant, this is my at home and hopefully slightly healthier version! Serves 2 with some leftovers for the next days lunch.
- Chop the very ends off 8 pieces of tenderstem brocolli and place in a small saucepan
- Boil the kettle
- Fry in groundnut oil 1 sliced onion with 8 sliced mushrooms and 4 crushed cloves garlic
- Add 15 thick slices of your favourite seitan - I used a new version that came in a glass jar from Whole Foods, fry mix for about 10mins
- Meanwhile pour hot water over 2 nests of egg free but still yellow thread noodles, cook for 3 mins, drain in cold water and fry in 2 tbsp ground nut oil with 1/2 tsp salt until crispy
- Pour hot water over the brocolli, boil for 5mins, drain, return to the pan with 2 crushed garlic cloves and 2 tsp butter and cook until the garlic is done
- Add 4 tbsp teriyaki sauce to your mushroom, onion, seitan mix, stir to combine, add 2 tbsp chopped coriander and turn off the heat
- Enjoy :)
Giving it a go
It would be a bit rubbish if I had married a veggie and instantly converted myself. That is just not the kind of person I am. However, living with a veggie has meant I have had to adapt and has opened my eyes to a whole world of wonderful food I had never experienced before. I love cooking and eating and sharing this with the person I share my life with is therefore obviously important to me, so this has meant when I cook for us both at home, I cook veggie. I am not dead set on becoming a vegetarian right now and am not sure if I will in the future but I have been so inspired by the many vegetarian/vegan blogs out there that I was itching to start my own. So here we go.